The event convenes United Nations Member States and agencies, intergovernmental and stakeholder organizations, civil society, and the private sector in climate and water practice, disaster risk reduction, science and humanitarian communities.
- Publish a joint commitment and implementation plan for the Water Action Agenda and support the implementation of the UN Secretary-General’s Call to Action calling for early warning for all by 2027, Sustainable Development Goal 6 and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- We showcase game-changing cross-sectoral partnerships on how to reduce disaster risk, prepare for and mitigate the impacts of climate change and other challenges, and build resilience.
- To better understand the impacts of water-related hazards such as floods, droughts and glacier melt at local, national and regional levels and how these hazards are hindering the achievement of the SDGs, with a focus on the most vulnerable. understand well.
- Learn how early warning systems that lead to early action can reduce the impact of water-related disasters on communities, societies and economies.
- Build momentum towards the General Assembly High-Level Meeting on the Mid-Term Review of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the UN SDG Summit in 2023.