Registered nurse charged with falsifying medical records


L.Unthing Michigan health care provider Attorney General Dana Nessel said yesterday that Patricia Lynn Nash, 41, a registered nurse, was indicted on two counts of medical records for intentionally providing false information in her charts. announced. Both charges were felony charges for four years and were filed in Taylor’s 23rd District Court.

While working at Taylor Nursing Home, Nash allegedly falsified two medical records relating to neurological evaluations of patients who had previously died from falls in the facility. The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs had requested the documentation as part of a site visit investigating the patient’s fall and subsequent death.

“Medical record falsification is often aimed at masking patient neglect,” said Nessel. “Such conduct can be misleading for subsequent caregivers and supervisory authorities, and can have dire consequences for patients, which is why we take such allegations extremely seriously.”

Nash was arraigned before Judge Joseph D. Slaven and given a personal recognition bond of $1,500. The incident is scheduled for a probable cause conference on May 31, 2023.

The Attorney General’s Health Fraud Division (HCFD) handled the case for the Department. The HCFD is Michigan’s federally-accredited Medicaid Fraud Enforcement Agency, which receives 75% of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under grants totaling $5,196,188 for fiscal year 2023. The remaining 25% is in Michigan.

please note: Criminal charges are merely allegations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty. Authorities do not provide booking photos.

###



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *