Celine Dion cancels rest of world tour due to medical condition


May 26 (Reuters) – Canadian pop singer Celine Dion announced on Friday that she is canceling her European tour, which was due to resume this summer, due to a medical condition that makes it difficult for her to perform.

The announcement comes four months after the 55-year-old Quebec singer announced he had been diagnosed with a rare neurological condition called stiff-person syndrome, which causes muscle spasms. At the time, the illness forced her to postpone part of her Courage World Tour in Europe.

The singer, best known for her “Titanic” theme song “My Heart Will Go On,” posted on Instagram Friday morning, “I’m so sorry to let you all down again.”

“I’m working hard to get back in shape, but even when I’m at 100%, tours can be very difficult.”

Singers Celine Dion and Pepe Muñoz arrive to attend the Fall/Winter 2019/20 Haute Couture show by designer Alexandre Vauthier in Paris, France, 2nd July 2019.Reuters/Regis Duvigneaux

The European tour of the tour was scheduled for 42 dates in seven cities from late August to early October, with an additional 17 in the spring of 2024. Dion said ticket holders will receive refunds.

Stiff-person syndrome causes muscle stiffness, hypersensitivity to sound, touch, and emotional stimuli, which can lead to spasms. The condition caused the multiple Grammy winner to postpone her stay in Las Vegas in October 2021.

Her first U.S. tour in ten years began in September 2019 in Quebec City. It also accompanied the release of her latest album, Courage.

The album’s title was inspired by the 2016 death of her husband and manager, Rene Angelil, from throat cancer, the singer said. The couple had three children.

Chicago, Reported by Brendan O’Brien, Edited by Matthew Lewis

Our standards: Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *